Adams Avenue Overpass
Adams Ave Overpass Temple Texas
The Adams Avenue railroad overpass was built in 1939.
Photo taken by Larry D. Moore in May 2016
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #353497
The Adams Avenue Overpass is a good example of a railroad overpass constructed by the Texas Highway Department. It is designed with a 13-degree right forward skew with the interior bents arranged at skew angles to the roadway.
- Steel stringer bridge over multiple railroad tracks on Adams Avenue/SH 53 Westbound
- Temple, Bell County, Texas
- Open to traffic
- Built in 1939 by the Austin Bridge Company under a federal aid grade crossing program.
- - Austin Bridge Co. of Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia
- Texas Highway Department
- U.S. Bureau of Public Roads of Washington, D.C.
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 47.5 ft.
Total length: 285.0 ft.
Deck width: 56.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +31.09996, -97.34913 (decimal degrees)
31°05'60" N, 97°20'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/657447/3441851 (zone/easting/northing)
- 745 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 72180 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 14, 2016: Added by Larry D. Moore