Toll Bridge Road Bridge
Photo taken by Ken Miller in November 2005. All Rights Reserved.
BH Photo #449708
Collapsed around midnight February 4, 2006, when a vehicle struck the northwest end-post during a police chase.
- Lost through truss bridge over Lampasas River on Toll Bridge Road in Salado
- Bell County, Texas
- Destroyed by drunk driver and replaced with modern slab of concrete.
- Built ca. 1889; destroyed February 4, 2006 by drunk driver hitting bridge.
- - Penn Bridge Co. of Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania
- Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 195.9 ft.
Total length: 200.1 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.8 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.99861, -97.48889 (decimal degrees)
30°59'55" N, 97°29'20" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/644269/3430427 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2009)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 090140D00472002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 32767 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 100 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 13, 2019: New photos from Nathan Holth
- June 12, 2019: Updated by Nathan Holth: Added builder, history, truss config, fate of bridge, loss date, etc.
- August 13, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey: Bridge has been removed