Maxdale Bridge Bell Couny Texas
Maxdale truss bridge and deck
Photo taken by Larry D. Moore in August 2018
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #432788
Update of condition of bridge and roadway, South side
Written by Jon Fleenor
Since the original photographs were taken by Larry D. Moore in August 2018,the bridge and area has become popular much in part by the stories of ghosts on the bridge and history surrounding it. As a result, there is now graffiti covering the roadway leading to the bridge, as well as the historical plaque and almost completely covering the deck of the bridge.
The bridge still appears to be structurally sound/solid, with areas of the exposed wooden deck showing rot.
- Parker through truss bridge over Lampasas River on Maxdale Road
- Bell County, Texas
- Open to pedestrians only
- Built 1914
- - Hess & Skinner Engr Co
- 10-panel Pinned, Parker through truss
Length of largest span: 200.1 ft.
Total length: 360.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.4 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 14.5 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.98861, -97.82944 (decimal degrees)
30°59'19" N, 97°49'46" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/611765/3428927 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Ding Dong
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 090140AA0539001 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 32764 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- October 1, 2020: Essay added by Jon Fleenor
- August 8, 2018: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- August 7, 2018: Updated by Larry D. Moore: Added builder, image and changed status to open to pedestrians
- March 26, 2017: Updated by Tony Dillon: Added truss type