Krchnak Road Bridge
Side view, still showing old RR flatcar markings
Photo taken by Roger Deschner in July 2017
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
BH Photo #396457
Two recycled railroad flatcars, welded together to make a sufficiently wide bridge.
Bridge is a popular site for fishing in Pin Oak Creek.
- Steel stringer bridge over Pin Oak Creek on Krchnak Road (County Road 183)
- Bastrop County, Texas
- Open to traffic, zoned for load
- Built 1992
- Two railroad flatcars, welded together
Length of largest span: 71.9 ft.
Total length: 88.9 ft.
Deck width: 17.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +30.05070, -97.07491 (decimal degrees)
30°03'03" N, 97°04'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/685593/3325964 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 140110AA0183002 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 77863 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 75.2 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 10, 2017: Added by Roger Deschner
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com