US 90 Overpass
Structurally sound, albeit functionally obsolete, bridge was severely damaged by a collision with a garbage truck that had been left in its raised position, on July 7, 2016. A portion of the bridge fell on a car driving underneath, killing a 12 year old child and injuring her mother who was driving.
- Steel stringer bridge over TX 36 on US 90
- Sealy, Austin County, Texas
- Center span (over SH 36) removed summer of 2016; west span removed March 6, 2017 and east span removed March 7, 2017.
- Future prospects
- Completely demolished and scheduled to be replaced after collision with garbage truck, based on structural analysis of the remaining portion of the bridge.
- Built 1936; badly damaged by collision with garbage truck July 7, 2016; subsequently demolished
- - Gibb Gilchrist of Wills Point, Texas
- Uvalde Construction Co. of Dallas, Texas
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 54.1 ft.
Total length: 133.9 ft.
Deck width: 23.6 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +29.77028, -96.15486 (decimal degrees)
29°46'13" N, 96°09'17" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/775095/3296723 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- TXNBI 130080027108419 (Texas bridge number on the National Bridge Inventory)
BH 60699 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2013)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 7.9 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- March 18, 2017: Updated by Matthew Dittert: Remaining spans demolished
- July 7, 2016: Updated by Roger Deschner: Severely damaged by collision with garbage truck
- April 18, 2014: Added by Patrick Feller
- Patrick Feller - nakrnsm [at] aol [dot] com
- Roger Deschner - rogerdeschner [at] gmail [dot] com
- Matthew Dittert