Collins River Bridge
The largest main truss of this bridge was relocated from the old Hyde's Ferry (Bordeaux) Bridge (1887-1917) in Nashville over the Cumberland River. The Nashville Bridge Co. relocated the span to its present location in 1924. The other remaining truss span of the old Hyde's Ferry Bridge is located in western Davidson County on an abandoned alignment of TN 100 (Old Harding Road). See the Old TN 100 Bridge in Davidson County for more info. (**TN100 span destroyed by flooding in 2010.)
- Parker through truss bridge over Collins River on Old TN 287
- Warren County, Tennessee
- Closed to all traffic
- Larger of the truss spans once apart of the Hyde's Ferry Bridge (Bordeaux) Bridge in Davidson County, but the Nashville Bridge Co. relocated one of the truss spans to the Collins River site in 1924 to be apart of the Collins River Bridge.
- - Mt. Vernon Bridge Co. of Mt. Vernon, Ohio (1887 Parker span)
- Nashville Bridge Co. of Nashville, Tennessee (Relocation and additional spans)
- Bridge consists of two steel stringer approaches, one on either end; two warren pony truss approaches, one on either end; and two main spans consisting of Parker Trusses.
Length of largest span: 246.1 ft.
Total length: 654.9 ft.
Deck width: 15.1 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.79983, -85.62020 (decimal degrees)
35°47'59" N, 85°37'13" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/624675/3962625 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- TN 890Z0010001 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 44055 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 2, 2011: Updated by J.P.: added nbi data from 1992
- August 15, 2010: Updated by Anthony Dillon: Added additional builder and updated other information
- June 9, 2010: New Street View added by Eddie Douthitt
- February 23, 2010: New photos from J.P.
- February 9, 2010: New photos from James McCray
- February 8, 2010: Added by James McCray
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Eddie Douthitt - dalton1861 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com
- Historicbridges.org - by Nathan Holth