Hammond Memorial Bridge
Old Pactolus Ferry was located 500 feet downstream, and a 2-span Parker through truss bridge was built at the present location. This 3-span open spandrel concrete arch bridge replaced it in 1929.
- Three-span open spandrel concrete arch bridge over South Holston River on State Highway 36 (southbound)
- Kingsport, Sullivan County, Tennessee
- Structurally deficient, meets minimum tolerable limits to be left in place as is
- Built 1929 to replace an earlier steel truss bridge near the old Pactolus Ferry; later converted to southbound traffic after parallel bridge built in 1969
- - Tennessee Highway Department
- Original Bridge: 3 open-spandrel, dual ribbed concrete arches, with horizontal bars molded into a modillion deck effect on each spandrel rib, along with 5 concrete deck girders, and spindle design concrete handrails.
Newer Bridge: Concrete Deck I-Beam Girder.
Length of largest span: 236.9 ft.
Total length: 916.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.2 ft.
- Also called
- Old Pactolus Ferry Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.49778, -82.51250 (decimal degrees)
36°29'52" N, 82°30'45" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/364539/4040225 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sullivan Gardens
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- TN 82SR0360008 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 32713 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 53.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- April 14, 2021: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- July 5, 2016: New Street View added by Clark Vance
- August 26, 2010: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- May 3, 2010: New Street View added by Nathan Holth
- January 23, 2010: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- August 3, 2008: Updated by Calvin Sneed
- July 29, 2008: Updated by Calvin Sneed
- July 8, 2008: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- July 7, 2008: New photo from Calvin Sneed
- July 4, 2008: Updated by Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs