Black Creek Arch Bridges
West Rockwood Street Bridge is first on the tangent, south of the other two
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in July 2010
BH Photo #170154
The Rockwood Street bridge is skewed slightly, the other 2 are not.
- 3 closed spandrel concrete arch bridges over Black Creek on W. Rockwood Street, W. Wheeler Street and W. Strang Street in Rockwood
- Rockwood, Roane County, Tennessee
- All bridges open to traffic
- All 3 bridges built 1917
- All three bridges are closed spandrel arch bridges, the W. Rockwood Street bridge is skewed slightly.
Length of largest span: 20.0 ft.
Total length: 70.9 ft.
Deck width: 56.7 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.86667, -84.68639 (decimal degrees)
35°52'00" N, 84°41'11" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/708888/3971631 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2018)
- Inventory numbers
- TN 73L36980001 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 32662 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of April 2017)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 92.1 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 25, 2010: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com