Ocoee Number 1 Bridge
Photo taken by Eddie Douthitt in November 2010
BH Photo #186896
Was built around 1910 as an L&N spur line to carry supplies in for the building of the Ocoee Dam and Hydoelectric plant. Used up until the 1949, at which time the coal fired backup plant was taken offline, however, I have seen a locomotive as late as 1954 in an amateur home movie that was filmed there.
- Abandoned deck plate girder bridge over Ocoee River on former L&N Spur
- Polk County, Tennessee
- - Louisville & Nashville Railroad (L&N; LN)
- Deck plate girder
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.09586, -84.65214 (decimal degrees)
35°05'45" N, 84°39'08" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/714016/3886195 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numer
- BH 47013 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 8, 2017: New photos from Ben Tate
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Louisville and Nashville Railroad"
- August 9, 2012: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Added category "Railroad"
- November 15, 2010: Added by Eddie Douthitt