Emory River Lumber Company RR Bridge
Photo taken by Shane Passmore in April 2017
BH Photo #385770
Only the abutments remain. Constructed by the Emory River Lumber Company sometime in or around 1918; acquired by the Emory River Railroad in 1943, last used in 1954, officially abandoned and scrapped in 1958.
- Abandoned bridge over Rock Creek on Abandoned, formerly Emory River RR
- Morgan County, Tennessee
- Carried lumber and coal traffic from Gobey and Mahan, TN to interchange with Southern RR at Lancing, TN
- - Emory River Lumber Co.
Total length: 100.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.12790, -84.61803 (decimal degrees)
36°07'40" N, 84°37'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/714352/4000762 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 1040 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 76451 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- April 8, 2017: Added by Shane Passmore
- Shane Passmore - aa5te [dot] kb5ehr [at] gmail [dot] com