Morgan County

Brewster Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Abandoned concrete deck girder bridge over Clear Fork River
Closed to all traffic
Built in 1930 to replace the old Brewster Ferry, which served as the western entrance to the Historic Rugby Community
CNO&TP Emory River Bridge   [Map]
Lost Bridge over Emory River; used to carry the CNO&TP railroad over the Emory River between old CNO&TP Tunnels 22 & 23
Removed but not replaced
CNO&TP New Tunnel 22   [Map]
Tunnels through mountain on Railroad, approximately 40 - 50 trains per 24 hour period
Open to traffic
Built in 1963 as part of the tunnel bypass program which replaced tunnels 22, 23 and 24 with new 22 and new 24 and built the Emory River Bridge between the two new tunnels. It was placed in service Nov. 12, 1962.
CNO&TP Tunnel 20   [Map]
Abandoned tunnel
Derelict/abandoned
Built in 1878 by the Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific Railroad in cooperation with the city of Cincinnati, Ohio
CNO&TP Tunnel 21   [Map]
Lost Tunnel
Removed but not replaced; 'daylighted' that is, top blown off and cut made.
Built in 1878 by the Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific Railroad in cooperation with the city of Cincinnati, Ohio
CNO&TP Tunnel 24   [Map]
Tunnels through Nemo Mountain on Former railroad grade
Completely intact, except for fallen north portal (seperated from tunnel bore), has not carried railroad tracks since 1963.
Bored in 1878 during the construction of the Cincinnati Southern Railway, a railroad wholely owned by the city of Cincinnati, Ohio. The contracts were given to the CNO&TP, the lessor of the rail line, to finish the tunnels.
CNTP Rock Creek Bridge #1   [Map]
Deck girder bridge over Rock Creek on railroad
Open
Built in 1906 by the Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific Railroad in cooperation with the city of Cincinnati, Ohio
CNTP Tunnel 16   [Map]
Tunnel under tunnels through Sunbright Mountain on ATV trail/abandoned railroad grade
Intact but closed to all traffic, incredibly good condition
Built in 1877 by the Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific Railroad in cooperation with the city of Cincinnati, Ohio
CNTP Tunnel 19   [Map]
Tunnel
Intact but closed to all traffic
Built in 1878 by the Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific Railroad in cooperation with the city of Cincinnati, Ohio
CNTP Tunnel 23   [Map]
Tunnel
Intact but closed to all traffic, near prefect condition
Built in 1878 by the Cincinnati, New Orleans & Texas Pacific Railroad in cooperation with the city of Cincinnati, Ohio
Crooked Creek Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Concrete tee beam bridge over Crooked Creek on TN-29 (Morgan County Hwy.)
Open to traffic
Built 1928; rehabilitated 1964
Emory River Bridge   [Map]
Lost Pony truss bridge over Emory River on TN-299
Replaced by a new bridge
Built 1930
Flat Fork Creek Bridge   [Map]
Wooden deck bridge over Flat Fork Creek in Frozen Head State Park
Open to traffic
Built 1935
Jett Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Concrete tee beam bridge over Clear Creek on TN-298
Open to traffic
Built 1935
Nemo Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Camelback through truss bridge over Emory River on Catoosa Road
Open to pedestrians
Built 1929 after this and nearby bridges at Oakdale and Deermont were destroyed by floods in 1906
New Tunnel 24   [Map]
Tunnel under Tunnels through Nemo Mountain on Railroad
Open to traffic, railroad tunnel, approximately 40 - 50 trains in a 24 hour period.
Built in 1962 as part of the tunnel bypass program which replaced tunnels 22, 23 and 24 with new 22 and new 24 and built the Emory River Bridge between the two new tunnels. It was placed in service Nov. 12, 1962.
NS Annadel Road Overpass   [Map]
Stringer bridge over Annadel Rd. & Rock Creek on Southern Railway
Open to traffic
Built 1919
NS Emory River Bridge   [Map]
Bridge over Emory River on Cincinnati Southern Railway
Open to traffic
Built in 1962 as part of the tunnel bypass program which replaced tunnels 22, 23 and 24 with new 22 and new 24 and built the Emory River Bridge between the two new tunnels. It was placed in service Nov. 12, 1962.
NS Laurel Branch Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Closed-spandrel arch bridge over Laurel Branch on Norfolk Southern Railway
Open to traffic
This new closed spandrel arch bridge, replaced a wood timber structure built by the railroad in the early 1900's
Old CNO&TP Tunnel 22   [Map]
Abandoned tunnel
Derelict/abandoned
Old Highway 27 Emory Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Warren pony truss bridge over Emory River on Old U.S. 27
Closed
Begun in 1926, finished in 1928
Old TN299 Emory River Bridge   [Map · Street View]
Lost Warren through truss bridge over Emory River on State Highway 299
Lost
Built 1930
Rock Creek Bridge (Arch does not exist)   [Map]
Former Arch bridge over Rock Creek on TN 29, replaced by concrete box girder bridge
Open to traffic
Built 1928; rehabilitated 1972 (now a concrete box girder bridge)