Apison Road Bridge
Photo taken by Eddie Douthitt in December 2010
The NBI has this listed as an arch, but I'm pretty sure this would be considered a concrete rigid frame.
- Concrete rigid frame bridge over Chestnut Creek on Apison Road in Collegedale
- Collegedale, Hamilton County, Tennessee
- Open to traffic
- Built 1940
- - Schmidt Engineering Co.
- Concrete rigid frame
Span length: 42.0 ft.
Total length: 42.0 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.04667, -85.03667 (decimal degrees)
35°02'48" N, 85°02'12" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/679067/3879980 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- TN 33S43430001 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 32541 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2010)
- Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Functionally obsolete
Sufficiency rating: 67.7 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- December 24, 2010: Updated by Eddie Douthitt: New photos