Falls Mill Arch Bridge
Photo taken by Calvin Sneed in June 2011
Originally, there were 4 spans, but Factory Creek eventually eroded the north bank, washing away the 2 northern spans, leaving the southern spans intact.
- Abandoned stone arch bridge over Factory Creek on Old Salem-Lexie Road
- Franklin County, Tennessee
- Future prospects
- Available for reuse
- Built in 1914, replacing 2 pedestrian bridges dating back to the 1830's
- 2 masonry arch spans, made of rubble stone patched with concrete.
Length of largest span: 45.0 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Listed as a contributing resource to a designated historic district on the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.09982, -86.25923 (decimal degrees)
35°05'59" N, 86°15'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/567514/3884363 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- 871 ft. above sea level
- Inventory number
- BH 48917 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 31, 2013: New photos from Ben Tate
- September 26, 2012: New photos from Johnny C Barrett
- June 14, 2011: Added by Calvin Sneed
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Johnny C Barrett - jcarsonbarrett [at] gmail [dot] com
- Ben Tate - benji5221 [at] yahoo [dot] com