Photo taken by Lee in April 2009
BH Photo #137221
Sligo Bridge eastbound
Traveling eastbound on U.S. 70 on the Sligo Bridge across the Caney Fork River at Sligo, DeKalb County, Tennessee
Play video on YouTube
Bridge is similar to State Highway 75 Bridge (now demolished) in Sullivan County.
- Five-span Parker through truss bridge over Caney Fork on US 70
- De Kalb County, Tennessee
- Demolished and replaced.
- Original Camelback bridge spans replaced and elevated with Parker spans in 1948 when river was impounded. Bridge was replaced in 2015.
- - Bethlehem Steel Co. of Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers of Washington, D.C.
- Five riveted Parker through truss spans
Length of largest span: 304.0 ft.
Total length: 1,374.6 ft.
Deck width: 23.9 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.5 ft.
- Also called
- Caney Fork River Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +35.96583, -85.71438 (decimal degrees)
35°57'57" N, 85°42'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/615922/3980922 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sligo Bridge
- Average daily traffic (as of 2017)
- Inventory numbers
- TN 21SR0260021 (Tennessee bridge number)
BH 32495 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of November 2017)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 83.9 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- October 20, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.
- June 23, 2011: Updated by Calvin Sneed: Updated with new pictures and information
- June 22, 2011: New photos from Calvin Sneed
- December 13, 2009: Updated by Matthew Ridpath: This is actually a Parker through truss
- July 6, 2009: Updated by Joshua Collins: added "US 70" to overview
- April 18, 2009: New photos from Lee
- Lee Horn
- Joshua Collins - Bigjc1979 [at] aol [dot] com
- Matthew Ridpath
- Calvin Sneed - us43137415 [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Nathan Holth
- Demolition Video