Lebanon Road Stone Arch Bridge
Photo taken by J.P. in December 0000
BH Photo #149155
Built as part of improvements to the water works. From the NRHP nomination form:
The bridge was designed by J. A. Jowett, City Engineer and erected by the Foster and Creighton Company in 1888, one of the earliest commissions for that firm. The bridge was abandoned by traffic in 1925 when a new structure was completed to handle heavier demand. However, the bridge continues to support the 36 inch water main and still serves as the means for water to cross Brown's Creek to reach the reservoir [as of 1987].
- Stone arch bridge over Brown's Creek on Lebanon Pike
- Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Future prospects
- Abandoned as a road in 1925 but still used to carry water main.
- Built 1888
- - Foster & Creighton Construction Co. of Nashville, Tennessee (Contractor)
- J.A. Jowett of Nashville, Tennessee (City Engineer)
- Brick arch with stone spandrel walls
Total length: 40.0 ft.
Deck width: 25.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on May 13, 1987
- Also called
- Lebanon Pike Stone Arch Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +36.15445, -86.74276 (decimal degrees)
36°09'16" N, 86°44'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 16/523139/4001110 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Nashville East
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 87000379 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 43621 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 9, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Noted continued use for water main and removed US 70.
- March 1, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added NRHP info & street view
- April 5, 2010: New photos from James McCray
- November 14, 2009: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- James McCray - jamesinslocomb [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Dave King - DKinghawkfan [at] hotmail [dot] com
- NPS listing information - Lebanon Road Stone Arch Bridge
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com