Belle Meade Bridge [Map] Double-intersection Warren pony truss bridge over Richland Creek on the main driveway leading to the Belle Meade MansionOpen to trafficBuilt ca. 1900
Cliff Lawn Bridge [Map] Warren pony truss bridge over Richland Creek on a driveway to the former Frances McGavock estateIntact but closed to all trafficBuilt ca. 1910
CSX (L&N) Cumberland Swing Bridge (Old Civil War Version) [Map · Street View] Former L@N over Cumberland River on the L&N Railroad (today CSX), the current CSX Cumberland Swing Bridge sits on its original piers.Destroyed by fireOriginally a covered bridge, but uncovered and fortified during Civil War. Bridge burnt by Hood's forces during the Battle of Nashville (1864) and then replaced. CSX - Cumberland Bypass Bridge [Map · Street View] One Camelback through truss and 3 Warren through trusses over the Cumberland River on CSX RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt as a spur of the main line of the old Louisville & Nashville Railroad, to bypass the Union Station downtown
CSX - Cumberland Swing Bridge [Map · Street View] Camelback through truss bridge over Cumberland River on CSX Railroad in downtown NashvilleOpen to trafficBuilt 1916 by the Fort Pitt Bridge Works to handle N.C. & St. L's Louisville to Birmingham line (bypass bridge 7 miles upriver)
CSX Ridgetop Tunnel [Map] Tunnel under town of Ridgetop, Tennessee on CSX RailroadOpen to trafficBuilt 1905 by the Nashville, Chattanooga & St. Louis RR (predecessor to the Louisville & Nashville RR, later CSX).. was longest free standing tunnel in the world when completed.
Duck Pond Bridge [Map] Closed-spandrel arch bridge over a drainage ditch feeding into Duck Pond on a pedestrian trail in Centennial ParkOpen to pedestriansBuilt 1910
Gateway Bridge [Map · Street View] Steel through arch bridge over Cumberland River on Gateway Blvd. in downtown NashvilleOpen to trafficBuilt 2004
Jefferson Street Bridge [Map] Lost through truss bridge over Cumberland River on Jefferson Street in downtown NashvilleReplaced by a modern bridgeBuilt 1910; replaced 1990
NC&StL - Stones River Bridge [Map] Lost bridge over Stones River on Former Nashville, Chattanooga, and St. Louis RailroadRemovedOnly stone piers remain today. Appears in 1932 topo map, but not in a 1956 version.
Newsom's Mill Bridge [Map] Lost Warren pony truss bridge over Harpeth River on Newsom Station RdReplaced by new bridgeBuilt 1904, replaced 1985 Old Hickory Bridges [Map · Street View] Pair of through truss bridges over Cumberland River on TN 45 in NashvilleOpen to trafficFirst bridge built 1928; second bridge built 1967
Old Stone Bridge [Map · Street View] Stone arch bridge over Mansker Creek on Old Stone Bridge Road (Former Louisville and Nashville Turnpike) in GoodlettsvilleOpen to trafficBuilt ca. 1837-1849 as part of the Louisville & Nashville Turnpike
Old TN 100 Bridge [Map] Lost Parker through truss bridge over South Harpeth River on Old Harding Rd. (Old TN 100) in NashvilleDestroyed by flooding in May 2010This span was one of four trusses on Nashville's 1889 Bordeaux Bridge over the Cumberland River constructed by the Mt. Vernon Bridge Co.; Relocated in 1917 in current location by the Nashville Bridge Co. Old White Bridge [Map · Street View] Concrete deck girder bridge over Richland Creek, Nashville-Chattanooga Railroad, and the St. Louis Railroad on Richland Creek Greenway on a former alignment of White Bridge RoadOpen to pedestriansBuilt 1913 as a railroad crossing for the White Bridge Road. Bridge made part of the Richland Creek Greeway in April of 2009.
Shelby Street Bridge [Map · Street View] Three-span through truss bridge over Cumberland River on Shelby Street in downtown NashvilleOpen to pedestrians onlyBuilt 1907-09; rehabilitated for pedestrian use in 2003
Turnpike Bridge [Map] Abandoned bridge on an abandoned section of the Louisville & Nashville Turnpike (Old Stone Bridge Rd.) in GoodlettsvilleAbandonedBuilt ca. 1837-1849 as part of the former Louisville & Nashville Turnpike
Whites Creek Bridge [Map] Pony truss bridge over Whites Creek on NFA A232 in NashvilleReplaced by a new bridgeBuilt ca. 1940