June 17 flood updates
- Mississippi River bridges are closed at Fort Madison and Burlington.
- Iowa has been getting most of the attention, but parts of Wisconsin are a real mess. Many roads and bridges in Jefferson County are closed. Westbound I-94 remains closed between Madison and Milwaukee, although the state is working on building crossover ramps to allow one-lane traffic in both directions.
- Despite rumors, none of the truss bridges in Winneshiek County, Iowa, were washed away. The Henry Bridge did suffer some damage but is otherwise intact.
- Here are photos of the Sutliff Bridge collapse: before and after.
- Jason Smith forwarded this video clip of the Cedar Falls railroad bridge collapse.