RCP&E - Boxelder Creek Bridge (Black Hawk)
RCP&E Boxelder Creek Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in July 2017
BH Photo #398602
Two spans likely relocated from separate crossings of the Baraboo River in Sauk County, Wisconsin.
- Quadrangular Lattice through truss bridge over boxelder Creek on Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad
- Pennington County, South Dakota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1879 in Wisconsin, Relocated Here Ca. 1896
- - Leighton Bridge & Iron Works of Rochester, New York
- - Canadian Pacific Railway (CP)
- Chicago & North Western Railway (CNW)
- Dakota, Minnesota, & Eastern Railroad (DME)
- Rapid City, Pierre & Eastern Railroad (RCP&E)
- Quadrangular lattice through truss
Length of largest span: 127.0 ft.
Total length: 255.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.12943, -103.29311 (decimal degrees)
44°07'46" N, 103°17'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/636551/4887665 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 58069 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 28, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- September 18, 2013: Updated by J.P.: Added categories "Canadian Pacific Railway", "Railroad"
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com