Hammerquist Road Bridge
Photo taken by Clark Vance in Aug 2010
BH Photo #182414
Although old, the main structure seems intact and it appears this bridge is suiting the needs of travelers. The railings are deteriorating but have been reinforced with steel rail. It's nice seeing an attempt to provide some visual interest on the original railings.
- Concrete arch bridge over Rapid Creek on Hammerquist Road
- Pennington County, South Dakota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1916
- Closed-spandrel arch
Span length: 50.9 ft.
Total length: 50.9 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 17, 1999
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.96681, -102.90903 (decimal degrees)
43°58'01" N, 102°54'33" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/667736/4870311 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- SD 52-575-383 (South Dakota structure number)
NRHP 99001586 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 32302 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2015)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 51.5 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2013)
- May 5, 2017: Updated by Clark Vance: Added category "Ransome rebar"
- October 13, 2010: New photos from Clark Vance
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com