BNSF - Falls Park Bridge
View of The Falls and the Bridge on top.
Photo taken in Summer 1999 by Jason Smith
BH Photo #111446
Through girders built 1919, remainder built 1947
- Girder Bridge over Big Sioux River in Sioux Falls on BNSF Railway
- Sioux Falls, Minnehaha County, South Dakota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1919 and 1947
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Dakota & Iowa Railroad (DAIR; D&I)
- Great Northern Railway (GN)
- Pony plate girder
Length of largest span: 52.0 ft.
Total length: 680.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.55514, -96.72362 (decimal degrees)
43°33'19" N, 96°43'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/683867/4824982 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Sioux Falls East
- Inventory number
- BH 36207 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 2, 2015: Updated by John Marvig: Added information
- October 12, 2012: Updated by Jason Smith: Added category "Big Sioux River"
- August 8, 2012: Photo imported by Luke Harden
- April 3, 2010: New photos from Ruth Reynolds
- February 6, 2008: Added by Jason Smith
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Ruth Reynolds - ruthmusic [at] yahoo [dot] com
- John Marvig - marvigj27 [at] gmail [dot] com
- John Marvig Railroad Bridge Photography - John Marvig's Page on this bridge