Full Throttle Saloon Bridge #1
The Full Throttle Saloon Bridge is a tourist attraction.
Photo taken by James McCray
BH Photo #237124
This bridge and another truss bridge (Full Throttle Saloon Bridge #2) apparently was relocated to the Full Throttle Saloon to be apart of its tourist attraction. The bridge was the old Bismarck Branch Road Bridge (http://bridgehunter.com/sd/butte/10395403/).
After fire destroyed the Full Throttle Saloon in 2015, both bridge truss structures has been moved to the new Full Throttle Saloon location approximately 6 miles away. No deck presently installed. Move took place August 1, 2018
- Pennsylvania through truss bridge over the new Full Throttle Saloon property
- Meade County, South Dakota
- Bridge moved to new Full Throttle Saloon property; no deck
- Built 1912 over Belle Fourche River on Bismarck Branch Road, but relocated to present location in 2008
- - Canton Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Pennsylvania through truss
- Also called
- Bismarck Branch Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.50975, -103.44415 (decimal degrees)
44°30'35" N, 103°26'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 13/623666/4929669 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Fort Meade
- Inventory number
- BH 47904 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 10, 2018: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- August 9, 2018: Updated by Don Morrison: moved to new location for display
- March 6, 2017: Updated by Dana and Kay Klein: Added categories 2011"Othmar H. Ammann Nominee", "Othmar H Ammann Award winner"
- September 15, 2015: Updated by James McCray: Updated bridge status to reflect that it was partially damaged due to fire at complex.
- February 23, 2014: New photo from Jack Schmidt
- August 9, 2012: New photos from Nathan Holth
- August 9, 2012: New photos from James McCray
- June 23, 2011: Updated by James McCray: updated history
- February 2, 2011: Updated by Matthew Lohry: Corrected bridge type: This is a Pennsylvania through truss.
- February 2, 2011: New Street View added by James McCray
- February 1, 2011: Added by James McCray
- Full Throttle Saloon Bridge #2 (Parts reused in) - The Bismarck Bridge was a two-span bridge that was relocated and reused as two different structures.