Stray Horse Creek Bridge
The markings resemble that of a bridge built by King Bridge Co.
Photo taken by Jason Smith
BH Photo #147303
The National Bridge Inventory reported construction date of 1910 is incorrect. The bridge should date to the 1890s.
- Through truss bridge over Stray Horse Creek on 179th Street, 4.9 mi. east and 4 mi. north of Castlewood in Hamlin Township
- Hamlin County, South Dakota
- Closed to vehicular traffic
- Built ca. 1890s, Closed in 1996
- - King Bridge Co. of Cleveland, Ohio (Likely Builder)
- Pin-connected Warren through truss
Length of largest span: 80.0 ft.
Total length: 82.7 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 11.3 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 9, 1993
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.78992, -96.92678 (decimal degrees)
44°47'24" N, 96°55'36" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/663997/4961704 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Kranzburg SW
- Inventory numbers
- SD 29-279-010 (South Dakota structure number)
NRHP 93001292 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 32224 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 5, 2016: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- October 15, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Reverted some changes.
- October 8, 2009: Updated by Jason Smith: Bridge is closed to traffic; Bridge is a Warren through truss bridge
- Jason Smith - flensburg [dot] bridgehunter [dot] av [at] googlemail [dot] com
- Nathan Holth