BNSF - Lake Mitchell Bridge
BNSF Lake Mitchell Bridge
Photo taken by John Marvig in July 2017
BH Photo #397670
Bridge was originally built with a single 90' deck girder. A 70' deck girder was relocated from Bridge #O-266 (Whetstone River, Big Stone City S. Dakota) in 1919, and the 35' deck girder was added in 1927.
Information comes from the Milwaukee Road Archives at the Milwaukee Central Library.
- Deck plate girder bridge over Firesteel Creek on BNSF Railway
- Mitchell, Davison County, South Dakota
- Open to traffic
- Built 1911, 1919 and 1927
- - BNSF Railway (BNSF)
- Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific Railroad (MILW)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 90.0 ft.
Total length: 210.0 ft.
- Also called
- MILW Bridge #O-266
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +43.75991, -98.07649 (decimal degrees)
43°45'36" N, 98°04'35" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/574339/4845621 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 77945 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- May 8, 2022: Updated by John Marvig: added information
- July 21, 2017: New photos from John Marvig
- July 19, 2017: Added by John Marvig