Shue Creek Bridge
3/4 view to northwest
From NRHP listing
Photo taken by Dale Martin, Nov 88
BH Photo #461201
In 2012 the bridge is listed as closed due to flood damage sustained in 2009.
- Pony truss bridge over Shue Creek on 200th Street, 8 mi. north and 0.8 mi. east of Cavour in Liberty Township
- Beadle County, South Dakota
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1917 by the Iowa Bridge Co., closed 2009
- - Iowa Bridge Co. of Des Moines, Iowa
- Warren pony truss
Length of largest span: 49.9 ft.
Total length: 50.9 ft.
Deck width: 17.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on December 9, 1993
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +44.48518, -98.01698 (decimal degrees)
44°29'07" N, 98°01'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 14/578167/4926233 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Huron NE
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- Inventory numbers
- SD 03-338-100 (South Dakota structure number)
NRHP 93001269 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
BH 32113 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2008)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 31.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 25, 2019: New photos from Clark Vance
- August 15, 2019: Updated by Clark Vance: Noted closure
- March 13, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added category "Riveted"
- Clark Vance - cvance [at] dogmail [dot] com