The travel organization Triple A says the worst bridge in South Carolina is over a railroad track on I- 26 just east of the Interstate 126 exit near Columbia. It was built in 1958 and carries about 550,000 vehicles every week.
SOURCE, WBTV News
- Concrete tee beam bridge over CSXT Railroad, formerly Columbia, Newberry & Laurens on I-26
- Richland County, South Carolina
- Open to traffic
- Built 1958; rehabilitated 1986
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 55.1 ft.
Total length: 165.0 ft.
Deck width: 118.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.02639, -81.10194 (decimal degrees)
34°01'35" N, 81°06'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/490588/3765086 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Columbia North
- Inventory numbers
- SC 4010002600400 (South Carolina bridge number)
BH 56469 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 4, 2013: Added by Joseph Hinson