LC - Kershaw-Camden Highway Bridge
Kershaw-Camden Highway Railroad Bridge
L&C Santa Train 2012
December 1, 2012
Photo taken by Joseph Hinson
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #244185
Built for Southern Railway, later Norfolk Southern. Now owned and operated by Lancaster and Chester Railway.
Builders plates are dated 1934 and 1910
- Steel stringer bridge over Kershaw-Camden Highway on railroad
- Lancaster, Lancaster County, South Carolina
- Open to traffic
- - Virginia Bridge & Iron Co. of Roanoke, Virginia [also known as Virginia Bridge Co.]
- - Lancaster & Chester Railway (LC)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Southern Railway (SOU)
- Deck plate girder
Length of largest span: 107.0 ft.
Total length: 1,354.1 ft.
Deck width: 28.2 ft.
- Also called
- Southern Railway Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.70276, -80.75636 (decimal degrees)
34°42'10" N, 80°45'23" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/522312/3840107 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- SC 2920052100190 (South Carolina bridge number)
SC 2940000500100 (South Carolina bridge number)
BH 54668 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- November 4, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Approaches, builder
- October 31, 2017: Updated by Royce and Bobette Haley: Added category "Virginia Bridge & Iron Co.", description
- April 3, 2013: Photo imported by Joseph Hinson
- December 2, 2012: Photo imported by Joseph Hinson
- November 29, 2012: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Railroad", "Lancaster & Chester Railway", "Norfolk Southern Railway", "Southern Railway"
- November 29, 2012: Added by Joseph Hinson
- Joseph Hinson - joethephotog [at] yahoo [dot] com
- Royce and Bobette Haley - roycehaley111 [at] yahoo [dot] com