Hampton Avenue Bridge
Hampton Ave Truss Bridge
Photo taken by C Hanchey in March 2009
License: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial (CC BY-NC)
View this photo on Flickr
BH Photo #135899
Demolished on Sept. 24 by S.C. Dept. of Transportation.
- Lost through truss bridge over Norfolk Southern Railway on Hampton Ave (S-23-47) in Greenville
- Greenville, Greenville County, South Carolina
- Removed but not replaced
- Installed 1909 (Likely relocated and modified); closed to traffic 1994; removed 2012
- - Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Pin-connected Warren through truss
Span length: 164.1 ft.
Total length: 164.1 ft.
Deck width: 18.0 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 16.2 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +34.86347, -82.41444 (decimal degrees)
34°51'48" N, 82°24'52" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/370711/3858814 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- Inventory numbers
- SC 2370004700100 (South Carolina bridge number)
BH 32029 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of August 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 17 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- February 19, 2015: Updated by Luke: Changed build date
- January 30, 2013: Updated by Andy Peters: adds updated GPS coordinates; adds date of demolition; adds link to video about bridge
- September 6, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished.
- July 12, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed.
- March 24, 2009: Updated by C Hanchey