Rating:
1 vote

Shea Bridge

Photos 

View From Northeast To Southwest

Photo taken by Historic American Engineering Record

View photos at Library of Congress

BH Photo #145255

Map 

Description 

Originally located at Stillwater Road over Woonasqustucket River also in Providence County. Closed to traffic in 1987. Moved here to Valley Falls Heritage Park in 1994.

Facts 

Overview
Lenticular pony truss bridge over old mill race in Valley Falls Heritage Park
Location
Cumberland, Providence County, Rhode Island
Status
Open to pedestrians only
History
Built 1885 by Berlin Iron Bridge Co; Closed to Traffic 1987; Relocated here 1994
Builder
- Berlin Iron Bridge Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut
Design
Wrought iron, pin-connected, 3-panel lenticular pony truss
Dimensions
Length of largest span: 48.9 ft.
Total length: 50.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.0 ft.
Also called
Old Stillwater Road Bridge
Approximate latitude, longitude
+41.89994, -71.38880   (decimal degrees)
41°53'60" N, 71°23'20" W   (degrees°minutes'seconds")
Approximate UTM coordinates
19/301849/4641426 (zone/easting/northing)
Quadrangle map:
Pawtucket
Inventory numbers
RI 949 (Rhode Island bridge number)
BH 43223 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
Inspection (as of 10/1991)
Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 18.0 (out of 100)
Average daily traffic (as of 1977)
2,000

Update Log 

  • June 16, 2016: Updated by Michael Quiet: Added pictures from current location; Updated name to current one used
  • January 2, 2013: Updated by Nathan Holth: Not Lost: Moved!
  • August 15, 2009: Added by James Baughn

Related Bridges 

Sources