Blackstone / Route 116
Road surface of bridge
Photo taken by Gary H Phillips in February 2010
BH Photo #155908
This bridge was totally closed for a number of years while it was restored. It appears they have copied it perfectly right down to the curved exit that isn't used.
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over Blackstone River on RI 116
- Cumberland, Providence County, Rhode Island
- Open to traffic
- Built 1945; reconstructed 2000
- Bridge was restored as the original, and nicely done too.
Length of largest span: 160.1 ft.
Total length: 873.1 ft.
Deck width: 44.0 ft.
- Also called
- Blackstone River Bridge Route 116 Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.93814, -71.43406 (decimal degrees)
41°56'17" N, 71°26'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/298214/4645772 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- RI 2750 (Rhode Island bridge number)
BH 44203 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of December 2015)
- Overall condition: Fair
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 78.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- June 28, 2015: Updated by Ian Martin: Added HAER photos and added common name
- February 21, 2010: Added by Gary H Phillips
- Gary H Phillips - gary [at] ghpassociates [dot] com
- HAER RI-43 - Ashton Viaduct, State Route 116 (Washington Highway) spanning Blackstone River, Blackstone Canal, & Providence & Worcester Railroad, Ashton, Providence County, RI
- Ian Martin