Blackstone River Bridge Route 116 Bridge
Blackstone / Route 116
Road surface of bridge
Photo taken by Gary H Phillips in February 2010
This bridge was totally closed for a number of years while it was restored. It appears they have copied it perfectly right down to the curved exit that isn't used.
- Open-spandrel arch bridge over Blackstone River on RI 116
- Cumberland, Providence County, Rhode Island
- Open to traffic
- Built 1945; reconstructed 2000
- Bridge was restored as the original, and nicely done too.
Length of largest span: 160.1 ft.
Total length: 873.1 ft.
Deck width: 44.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.93814, -71.43406 (decimal degrees)
41°56'17" N, 71°26'03" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 19/298214/4645772 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- RI 2750 (Rhode Island bridge number)
BH 44203 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 12/2011)
- Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 79.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2008)
- February 21, 2010: Added by Gary H Phillips