Daniel Hopkins, October 2011
BH Photo #217816
Unusual concrete bridge with V-shaped crest. Its named Race Horse Bridge for the local bar (across the road from where it sits) which has sat in the spot since the 1960's. The length of the bridge is approximated. Bridge was built in 1908 based upon stone placard.
- Concrete bridge over Little Conewago Creek on abandoned section of road.
- East Berlin, York County, Pennsylvania
- Open to pedestrians
- Built 1908
- Concrete curved chord through girder
Total length: 15.0 ft.
Deck width: 10.0 ft.
- Also called
- Race Horse Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94583, -76.86181 (decimal degrees)
39°56'45" N, 76°51'43" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/340946/4423404 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- West York
- Inventory number
- BH 49845 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- January 4, 2014: Updated by Tony Dillon: Changed information as this is not a truss bridge
- December 7, 2011: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Updated built date and descriptior
- October 17, 2011: Added by Daniel Hopkins
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Tony Dillon - spansaver [at] hotmail [dot] com