Route 214 Bridge
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The 3 span, 104'-long T beam bridge built in 1926 is supported on reinforced concrete abutments with wingwalls. It is finished with standard concrete balustrades.
- Concrete tee beam bridge over South Branch of Codorus Creek on Pa 214; Sr 0214 (Main Street)
- York County, Pennsylvania
- Closed. Will be replaced.
- Future prospects
- Bridge was closed on 6/8/2012. It is expected to be replaced and opened in November 2012.
- Built 1926
- Concrete tee beam
Length of largest span: 32.2 ft.
Total length: 104.0 ft.
Deck width: 21.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.85528, -76.77361 (decimal degrees)
39°51'19" N, 76°46'25" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/348281/4413199 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Seven Valleys
- Inventory numbers
- PANBI 37523 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 52633 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 09/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 37.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2011)
- June 8, 2012: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description and status
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com