FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY: The single span, 61'-long, metal Pratt pony truss bridge is supported on stone abutments with wingwalls. The truss is composed of built-up compression members and eye bar and rod tension members. It has pin connections with the exception of cast iron connecting pieces at the upper chord-end post connections, a detail often associated with Wrought Iron Bridge Co. pony truss bridges from the early 1880s to 1890s. The original built-up verticals, which were T-section with lacing, have been replaced by welded channel sections with battens (ca. 1997). The rivets at the pin plates were replaced with bolts. One of the end posts has been replaced with welded channel sections, and the other ends posts have been strengthened by welding channel sections to the webs. The upper chords have been strengthened with bolted channel sections to the interior faces. U-shaped hangers support rolled floorbeams that have been strengthened by cover plate welded to the flanges. The floorbeams carry steel stringers and an open grid steel deck placed in 1949. Lower lateral bracing rods have been lost and replaced by welded channel sections. The bridge has significant loss of original fabric, and it is one of the least complete examples of at least 13 Wrought Iron Bridge Co. metal truss bridges from 1884 to 1899 identified in York County. More complete pony truss bridges with similar connection details include BMS #'s 66 2030 0040 2432 (ca. 1890); 66 4038 0060 0387 (ca. 1890); 66 7213 0563 3037 (1890).