Bermudian Creek Bridge
Bermudian Creek Bridge Kralltown Rd
Old truss before replaced
BH Photo #194486
FROM THE 1996-2001 PENNSYLVANIA HISTORIC BRIDGE SURVEY:
The single span, 153'-long, double intersection Pratt thru truss bridge built in 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co. is listed in the National Register (6/22/88). There have been no significant changes in the bridge's status since the previous survey. Some alterations were noted but they appear to predate 1988. The bridge has welded splices at the counters, impact damage to at least one vertical, and cover plate welded to the flanges of the floorbeams.
- Through truss bridge over Bermudian Creek on PA 4017 (Kralltown Road)
- York County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Co.
- - Wrought Iron Bridge Co. of Canton, Ohio
- Whipple through truss
Length of largest span: 149.9 ft.
Total length: 152.9 ft.
Deck width: 13.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 13.5 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1988
- Also called
- Kralltown Road Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.00861, -76.96306 (decimal degrees)
40°00'31" N, 76°57'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/332449/4430558 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 66 4017 0030 0000 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
NRHP 88000817 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PANBI 44149 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31855 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of October 2015)
- Overall condition: Good
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 98.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- March 9, 2014: HAER photos posted by Dave King
- December 26, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description and other details
- March 1, 2011: New photo from Jodi Christman
- February 21, 2011: Updated by Daniel Hopkins: Replaced with new cement bridge
- Daniel Hopkins - chimera [at] clovermail [dot] net
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com
- HAER PA-469 - Kralltown Road Bridge, Spanning Bermudian Creek at Kralltown Road (State Route 4017), Kralltown, York County, PA