Bridge in Nicholson Township
Photo posted to Wikipedia by user PennDOT
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo at Wikimedia Commons
BH Photo #278541
- Lenticular through truss bridge over Tunkhannock Creek on PA 1029
- Wyoming County, Pennsylvania
- In storage or disassembled
- Future prospects
- Construction project underway. Scope includes construction of new bridge and restoration and relocation of historic bridge to Lazy Brook Park in nearby Tunkhannock Township.
- Built 1881 by Corrugated Metal Co.
- - Corrugated Metal Co. of East Berlin, Connecticut [also known as Berlin Iron Bridge Co.]
- Lenticular through truss
Length of largest span: 112.9 ft.
Total length: 115.2 ft.
Deck width: 12.1 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 9.7 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1988
- Also called
- Tunkhannock Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.60444, -75.82278 (decimal degrees)
41°36'16" N, 75°49'22" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/431438/4606186 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 65 1029 0030 2079 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
NRHP 88000810 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PANBI 37219 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31848 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of May 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Critical (2 out of 9)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- August 28, 2015: New video from Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- June 11, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated and corrected bridge status.
- March 9, 2014: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added name
- March 9, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added NRHP info, builder & imported photo