D&H Gravity Railroad Stone Arch Bridge
This stone arch bridge carried the loaded (eastbound) track of the gravity railroad until the abandonment of both canal and gravity in early 1899. At that time the section of loaded track between Waymart and Honesdale, including this bridge, was converted to standard gauge steam operation. The line was abandoned for the last time in 1931.
- Stone arch bridge over Little Keen Pond on D&H Gravity Railroad
- Keens Pond, Wayne County, Pennsylvania
- Intact but closed to all traffic
- Built 1829; Abandoned 1931
- - Delaware & Hudson Gravity Railroad
- Delaware & Hudson Railroad
- Stone arch
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.59224, -75.37450 (decimal degrees)
41°35'32" N, 75°22'28" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/468787/4604572 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 71351 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- September 22, 2020: Updated by Chester Gehman: Clarified 1931 abandonment date.
- September 21, 2020: New photo from Geoff Hubbs
- March 15, 2016: Added by J.P.
- J.P. - wildcatjon2000 [at] gmail [dot] com
- Geoff Hubbs
- Chester Gehman - gehmanc2000 [at] yahoo [dot] com