Donora Webster Bridge
Photo taken by Brian McKee in July 2009
BH Photo #142482
- Through truss bridge over Monongahela River on PA 1022 in Donora and Rostraver Twp
- Donora, Washington County, Pennsylvania, and Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- Demolished at 10:00am on 1 July, 2015
- Built 1906; rehabilitated 1938; closed July 14, 2009; Demolished on 1 July, 2015
- four spans are Parker through truss while the longest and center span is a Pennsylvania through truss
Length of largest span: 518.1 ft.
Total length: 1,547.0 ft.
Deck width: 22.6 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 8.6 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1988
- Also called
- Ernest Kline Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.18445, -79.85182 (decimal degrees)
40°11'04" N, 79°51'07" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/597745/4448862 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- PA 62 1022 0010 0036 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
NRHP 88000813 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
PANBI 34828 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31756 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 04/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 3.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2007)
- May 17, 2016: New photo from Art Suckewer
- July 1, 2015: Updated by Jason Smith: This bridge is gone- demoed using explosives at 10:00am on 1 July, 2015
- June 26, 2015: Updated by Nathan Holth: Updated planned implosion/demolition date for this nationally significant historic bridge.
- March 26, 2014: New Street View added by Luke Harden
- March 26, 2014: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge is now doomed. Added estimated demolition date.
- March 9, 2014: Updated by Dave King: Added NRHP info
- February 14, 2013: Updated by Don Morrison: Fixed position, changed to 5 main spans from 6. Not that it matters: bridge is doomed
- March 17, 2011: New Street View added by Jason Smith
- November 5, 2010: Updated by Jason Smith: Changed location of bridge/ updated the bridge types
- July 22, 2009: New photos from James Baughn
- July 14, 2009: Updated by Ian Anderson: Bridge now closed
- July 11, 2009: New photos from Brian McKee