Wilson's Mill Covered Bridge 38-63-28
WILSON'S MILL COVERED BRIDGE
Photo posted to Wikipedia by user JERRYE & ROY KLOTZ MD
License: Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike (CC BY-SA)
View this photo at Wikimedia Commons
BH Photo #278534
Is currently an uncovered through girder that was added to the bridge in 1960. Railings were added after the cover was removed so the bridge could be reopened to traffic. Cover is supposed to be fixed eventually.
- Queenpost through truss bridge over Cross Creek on Oakleaf Road (T486)
- Washington County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic; is not covered
- Built 1887; Damaged by arson September 22, 2002; Cover taken off and is being rehabilitated
- Queenpost through truss
Length of largest span: 35.0 ft.
Total length: 39.0 ft.
Deck width: 12.0 ft.
Posted to the National Register of Historic Places on June 22, 1979
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.25906, -80.37759 (decimal degrees)
40°15'33" N, 80°22'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/552927/4456696 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory numbers
- NRHP 79003826 (National Register of Historic Places reference number)
WGCB 38-63-28 (World Guide to Covered Bridges number)
BH 60169 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 9, 2014: Added by Dave King