PRR - Oil City Bridge
The Oil City Bridge crossed the Allegheny River in Oil City, Pennsylvania and carried the Pennsylvania Railroad's Pittsburgh to Buffalo mainline.
The first bridge opened across the Allegheny River in Oil City in 1870 by the Allegheny Valley Railroad. In 1913, the PRR acquired the AV to use the route as part of their Buffalo & Allegheny Valley Division, connecting Pittsburgh to Buffalo.
Planning for a new crossing in Oil City began in 1927, opening to traffic on September 29, 1930. The former crossing, just downstream, was removed shortly after.
- Lost Pratt through truss bridge over Allegheny River on Pennsylvania Railroad
- Oil City, Venango County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- - Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Pratt through truss
- Also called
- AV - Oil City Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.42834, -79.70260 (decimal degrees)
41°25'42" N, 79°42'09" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/608404/4587120 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Oil City
- Inventory number
- BH 71265 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- March 2, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: History, revising location.