Petroleum Center Bridge
Photo taken May 2006 by Jack Schmidt
BH Photo #108760
Originally, one could only cross Oil Creek by ferry or by fording the creek. In 1865, the Maple Shade and Central Petroleum Oil Companies built a toll bridge. The two companies owned land on each side of the creek.
- Two-span through truss bridge over Oil Creek on Petroleum Center Road
- Venango County, Pennsylvania
- Open to one-lane traffic
- Built 1884 by the Morse Bridge Co.; rehabilitated 1984
- - Morse Bridge Co. of Youngstown, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 115.0 ft.
Total length: 238.9 ft.
Deck width: 16.0 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Eagle Rock Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.51655, -79.68263 (decimal degrees)
41°30'60" N, 79°40'57" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/609924/4596939 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Titusville South
- Average daily traffic (as of 2015)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 60 1004 0010 0196 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 33770 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31717 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of September 2015)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 34.8 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- December 3, 2017: Updated by Christopher Finigan: Added category "Pin-connected"
- December 2, 2017: New photos from Brian Manville
- October 18, 2006: Posted photos from Jack Schmidt