WNY&P - Oil Creek Bridge
The Oil Creek Bridge was completed by the Atlantic & Great Western Railway (A&GW) along the Franklin Branch, connecting Oil City to Meadville.
Authorized on June 17, 1862, the Eastern Coal Fields Branch (later renamed the Franklin Branch) was completed by 1864.
The bridge over Oil Creek at the Franklin Branch's eastern terminus was originally constructed by the A&GW. The four-span Pratt through truss was destroyed by a fire on November 4, 1890 and replaced by a two-span Pratt through truss in 1892.
A footpath adjacent to the railroad bridge was completed in 1929 at a cost of $4,335. It connected downtown to parking lots west of Oil Creek.
- Pratt through truss bridge over Oil Creek on Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad
- Oil City, Venango County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- - Erie Railroad (ERIE)
- Western New York & Pennsylvania Railroad (WNYP)
- Pratt through truss
Total length: 140.0 ft.
- Also called
- A&GW - Oil Creek Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.43259, -79.70948 (decimal degrees)
41°25'57" N, 79°42'34" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/607823/4587584 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Oil City
- Inventory number
- BH 49826 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 28, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: Text correction.
- February 28, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- April 1, 2014: Updated by Luke Harden: Added categories "Erie Railroad", "Railroad"
- October 15, 2011: Added by James Baughn