J&F - Oil City Tunnel
The Oil City Tunnel is an abandoned tunnel that was operated by the Jamestown & Franklin Railroad (J&F) in Oil City, Pennsylvania. Completed in 1870, the tunnel was abandoned by the New York Central in 1967.
- Abandoned tunnel
- Oil City, Venango County, Pennsylvania
- Built 1870
- - Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railroad (LS&MS)
- New York Central Railroad (NYC)
- Cut stone portals and entryways with unlined interior with timber bracing.
Total length: 909.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.43346, -79.71092 (decimal degrees)
41°26'00" N, 79°42'39" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/607701/4587678 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Oil City
- Inventory number
- BH 75833 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- February 28, 2017: New Street View added by Luke
- February 28, 2017: Added by Sherman Cahal