Sugar Creek Bridge
Photo taken by Janis Ford June 2009
BH Photo #216637
The Sugar Creek Bridge was designed by Karl A. Miller and constructed in 1920 by the Groton Bridge Company of Groton, New York.
It was closed in June 2016 for rehabilitation, which involved disassembly, sandblasting and galvanizing. It reopened on February 17, 2017.
- Through truss bridge over Sugar Creek on Sugarcreek Drive
- Sugarceek, Venango County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1920 by Groton Bridge Co.
- - Groton Bridge Co. of Groton, New York
- Pratt through truss
Length of largest span: 123.0 ft.
Total length: 126.0 ft.
Deck width: 15.7 ft.
Vertical clearance above deck: 12.5 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Also called
- Lieutenant Andrew J. White Memorial Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +41.41875, -79.87554 (decimal degrees)
41°25'08" N, 79°52'32" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 17/593968/4585854 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2014)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 60 4010 0100 0934 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 33851 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31720 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of July 2014)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 26.6 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 6, 2020: New photos from Brian Manville
- March 7, 2017: Updated by Sherman Cahal: History