Furnace Road Bridge
Photo taken May 2006 by Jack Schmidt
BH Photo #108742
Demolished June 20, 2012; note that National Bridge Index carried a date of 1932 for this bridge
- Through truss bridge over Middle Creek on Furnace Road (TR 439), at the end of PA 3007
- Snyder County, Pennsylvania
- Replaced by a new bridge
- Built ca. 1890 by the Variety Iron Works; rehabilitated 1995, demolished June 20, 2012
- - Variety Iron Works of Cleveland, Ohio
- Pratt through truss
Span length: 115.2 ft.
Total length: 115.2 ft.
Deck width: 15.8 ft.
Eligible for the National Register of Historic Places
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.77542, -77.06704 (decimal degrees)
40°46'32" N, 77°04'01" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/325564/4515882 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- Inventory numbers
- PA 54 3007 0010 0215 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 31220 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31610 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of February 2009)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Poor (4 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 20.7 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- July 4, 2012: Updated by Nathan Holth: This bridge has been demolished and replaced.
- March 31, 2010: Updated by Nathan Holth: This historic truss bridge is now doomed.
- June 4, 2009: Updated by Brian McKee: Added GPS Coordinates
- December 18, 2006: Posted photos from Jack Schmidt