Wissahickon Creek Bridge
According to PennDOT records, the bridge was replaced in 1988. The welded stringers with coverplates were placed on rehabilitated abutments from an earler bridge.
- Steel stringer bridge over Wissahickon Creek on Northwestern Avenue
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, and Montgomery County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1888; rehabilitated 1988
- Steel stringer
Length of largest span: 109.9 ft.
Total length: 111.9 ft.
Deck width: 30.2 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +40.08878, -75.22770 (decimal degrees)
40°05'20" N, 75°13'40" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/480588/4437635 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- PA 67 7301 0230 0033 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 39250 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 50703 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 10/2009)
- Deck condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Very Good (8 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Good (7 out of 9)
Appraisal: Not deficient
Sufficiency rating: 82.0 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 1974)
- December 25, 2011: Updated by Jodi Christman: Added description note and second county
- Jodi Christman - masterofchaos [at] outlook [dot] com