Spring Garden Street Bridge
Phila Spring Garden St bridge01
Top bridge is the Spring Garden Street bridge, bottom bridge is the West River Drive Bridge, with the Fairmount Dam further upstream, and the Philadelphia Water Department's river cleaning work boat R.E. Roy in the foreground.
Photo taken by D. Thomsen
Girder bridge over the Schuylkill River and the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) and the West River Drive Bridge on Spring Garden Street, painted blue but rusting
- Girder bridge over Schuylkill River and Schuylkill Expressway on Spring Garden Street
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1958; rehabilitated 1988
Length of largest span: 109.9 ft.
Total length: 229.0 ft.
Deck width: 44.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.96361, -75.18472 (decimal degrees)
39°57'49" N, 75°11'05" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/484223/4423734 (zone/easting/northing)
- USGS topographic map
- Inventory numbers
- PA 67 3014 0030 0000 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 38971 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 45724 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection (as of 03/2008)
- Deck condition rating: Fair (5 out of 9)
Superstructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Appraisal: Structurally deficient
Sufficiency rating: 23.1 (out of 100)
- Average daily traffic (as of 2010)
- August 14, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Add category:Painted blue
- August 10, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Added categories
- July 27, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Added longer description.
- July 26, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Added Schuylkill River category.
- D. Thomsen - dcthomsen [at] comcast [dot] net