SEPTA - Schuylkill River Bridge
From the north
View from the Schuylkill River bike trail
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in February 2010
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #241034
This stone arch carries the SEPTA Regional Rail tracks over the Schuylkill River between Philadelphia and the 30th Street Station. It has two arch spans over the river, and an approach on each end. Four tracks approach the bridge on the east end, splitting to six on the west (station end), making the bridge wider on one end than the other.
- Stone arch bridge over Schuylkill River on SEPTA Regional Rail
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- - Commuter Rail
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA)
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 205.0 ft.
Total length: 385.0 ft.
Deck width: 125.0 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.95610, -75.17967 (decimal degrees)
39°57'22" N, 75°10'47" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/484653/4422900 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 53810 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- July 13, 2013: Updated by Luke Harden: Corrected Railroad
- October 5, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Added categories "Schuylkill River", "SEPTA Regional Rail"
- Jann Mayer - jannmayer [at] gmail [dot] com