PRR - Grays Ferry Branch Swing Bridge
- Abandoned through truss bridge over Schuylkill River on former Pennsylvania Railroad
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Future prospects
- At risk for demolition and replacement for pedestrian use. Section 106 Review in progress.
- Built 1901 by American Bridge Co. for Pennsylvania RR, opened 1902; abandoned 1976
- - American Bridge Co. of New York
- - Conrail (CR)
- Penn Central Railroad (PC)
- Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR)
- Through truss
Length of largest span: 223.0 ft.
Total length: 418.5 ft.
- Also called
- PRR South Philadelphia Branch Bridge
Philadelphia, Wilmington and Baltimore Railroad Bridge No. 1
Grays Ferry Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94062, -75.20507 (decimal degrees)
39°56'26" N, 75°12'18" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/482479/4421186 (zone/easting/northing)
- Inventory number
- BH 70269 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- June 30, 2016: Updated by Nathan Holth: Refined future plans for bridge.
- April 26, 2016: New photo from Douglas Butler
- April 26, 2016: Updated by Alexander D. Mitchell IV: Added more details and Wikipedia entry, but bridge is doomed.
- December 17, 2015: Added by Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- Alexander D. Mitchell IV
- Douglas Butler
- Nathan Holth
- HAER PA-547 - Philadelphia, Wilmington & Baltimore Railroad, Bridge No. 1, Spanning Schuylkill River, south of Grays Ferry Avenue, Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, PA