CRCX - Schuylkill Arsenal Bridge
Phila Arsenal Bridge01
Looking northeast from the west bank.
Photo taken by D. Thomsen
BH Photo #169959
Schuylkill Arsenal Railroad Bridge, built about 1905 by the Pennsylvania Railroad as a formerly electrified, two track, deck truss, (fixed shut) swing bridge across the Schuylkill River in the University City neighborhood in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Now owned by CSX Transportation. Also crosses the Schuylkill Expressway I-76) near western end, and CSX tracks on ground level on eastern end.
- Bridge over Schuylkill River on Conrail Shared Assets Operations
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1905
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Conrail (CR)
- Conrail Shared Assets Operations (CRCX)
- Norfolk Southern Railway (NS)
- Deck truss, formerly swing now fixed. One girder approach span on western end, several girder approach spans on eastern end. 3 stone piers in the river.
- Also called
- Arsenal Bridge
Arsenal Railroad Bridge
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.94333, -75.19167 (decimal degrees)
39°56'36" N, 75°11'30" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/483625/4421485 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Inventory number
- BH 45674 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- August 24, 2013: New photo from Douglas Butler
- August 10, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Added categories, fuller description
- July 19, 2010: Updated by D. Thomsen: Typo.
- D. Thomsen - dcthomsen [at] comcast [dot] net
- Douglas Butler