Chestnut Street Overpass
From the north
Photo taken by Jann Mayer in February 2010
License: Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY)
BH Photo #241033
This is a short stone arch bridge over the railroad jsut east of the Schuylkill River.
- Stone arch bridge over CSX Railroad on Chestnut Street in Philadelphia
- Philadelphia, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania
- Open to traffic
- Built 1901
- - CSX Railroad (CSX)
- Stone arch
Length of largest span: 60.0 ft.
Total length: 115.2 ft.
Deck width: 36.1 ft.
- Approximate latitude, longitude
- +39.95284, -75.18005 (decimal degrees)
39°57'10" N, 75°10'48" W (degrees°minutes'seconds")
- Approximate UTM coordinates
- 18/484620/4422538 (zone/easting/northing)
- Quadrangle map:
- Average daily traffic (as of 2016)
- Inventory numers
- PA 67 0003 0090 2703 (Pennsylvania Bridge Management System number)
PANBI 38939 (Pennsylvania BRKEY bridge number on the 2011 NBI)
BH 31511 (Bridgehunter.com ID)
- Inspection report (as of March 2016)
- Overall condition: Poor
Superstructure condition rating: Serious (3 out of 9)
Substructure condition rating: Satisfactory (6 out of 9)
Deck condition rating: (N out of 9)
Sufficiency rating: 33.4 (out of 100)
View more at BridgeReports.com
- November 25, 2017: New Street View added by Dana and Kay Klein
- October 5, 2012: Updated by Jann Mayer: Corrected the location.