The Marysville Bridge was allowed to fall into decay, and removed in 1902 or 1903 after a period of disuse. Some of the piers remain above water today, while others are submerged or washed away."
Source: PRR Triumph VII, Roberts & Messer, 2004: Construction of masonry piers begun by McCallum, Bristol & Co. 1853 for Susquehanna Railroad (extension of the Baltimore & Susquehanna). Work suspended upon formation of Northern central Railway, resumed 1857, completed by Gustavas Nagle July 1858. Fire burned ten of 19 spans April 3, 1872; at least two of the wooden spans were replaced with iron spans. Bridge abandoned after 1882 in favor of Rockville Bridge downstream; dismantled 1884, with one iron span relocated to Williamsport.
Source: Sixth Annual Report of the President and Directors of the Northern Central Railway Co. to the Stockholders for the year 1860: Table D of the Supervisor's report shows the bridge as built in 1857 as a McCallum Truss with 21 spans at a total length of 3,812 feet. This McCallum truss version of the bridge was uncovered and pre-dated the Howe and Arch truss version of the bridge. Probably due to being uncovered, it had a very short life span (or it may have been the bridge that burned in the 1872 fire - unclear).
An 18-foot Statue of Liberty replica was erected clandestinely at night on the most intact pier remnant on July 2, 1986, just before the 100th anniversary of the original Statue of Liberty, by a group of local residents. In 1992, the original statue, made cheaply with plaster, Venetian blind slats, and a stolen highway sign flasher for a "torch," was destroyed by weather and replaced with a 25-foot fiberglass-based replica.